Paws Chateau will re-open for business on Monday, May 4th and will be providing full daycamp and boarding services. To ensure the safety of the Paws Chateau staff and all our clients we are making some significant changes to how dogs will arrive and depart from Paws Chateau.
The lobby in the downstairs small dog facility will be closed for the foreseeable future and all dogs big and small will check in and check out at the upstairs big dog facility.
- We will be instituting all Social Distancing best practices including “No Contact” drop off.
- The drop off & pick up pen will be sanitized after each customer use.
- All dogs will be wiped down with chlorhexidine disinfectant upon arrival and departure from Paws Chateau.
- All dogs will enter the facility naked – owners will remove collars, leashes, harness when they place them in the pen.
- Clients ARE REQUIRED BY ORANGE COUNTY ORDINANCE to wear face masks when interacting with all Paws Chateau staff. Our staff will wear masks at drop off and pick up.
- There is NO direct evidence that the Coronavirus can be passed between pets and humans. This has been addressed many times by Dr. Fauci during the task force briefings.
- All services must be pre-paid over the phone. We cannot take cash or checks at this time.
- Overnight guest – at this time we cannot accept any personal items at this time including blankets and toys. We can only accept food, treats and medication.
- Tours of the facilities cannot be given at this time, but we are happy to talk to all new prospective clients and we have a virtual tour video of the facility located on the Paws Chateau website.
Modified Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday 6:30am – 7pm
Saturday & Sunday 10am – 1pm for boarding pick up and drop off (NO DAYCAMP available on Saturday & Sunday’s)
Upcoming changes to arrival & departure of dogs attending Paws Chateau.
Arrival & Departure Procedure
When you arrive at Paws Chateau please call us to let us know you are here. If you are dropping off your dog place them in the enclosure outside the front door of the facility. Place them in the enclosure, remove all collars, harnesses & leashes so that the dog is naked. Close and lock the gate behind you and give your dog a provided treat to help them get used to being in the enclosure.
A Paws Chateau employee will take your dog from the other end of the enclosure with our leash and bring them into the facility.
At pick up time we will follow the same procedure. We will wipe your dog down with a Chlorhexidine solution prior to placing them in the enclosure. It is a disinfectant and antiseptic that is specifically used for animals and has been approved by our vet for this use. We will place the dog in the enclosure naked and leave him ready for you to enter and leash up your dog to take him home.
DON’T FORGET TO BRING BACK YOUR COLLAR & LEASH AT PICK UP.
Check out our video on the new arrival & departure procedure.
All dogs will be wiped down with chlorhexidine disinfectant upon arrival and departure from Paws Chateau.
What is Chlorhexidine Disinfectant?
Chlorhexidine, also known as chlorhexidine gluconate (CHG), is a disinfectant and antiseptic.
Is Chlorhexidine Disinfectant safe to use on dogs?
Yes, chlorhexidine disinfectant is very safe and is used for skin disinfection before surgery and to sterilize surgical instruments. We have consulted with our vet and we will be using this product in a diluted version to wipe down every dog as they arrive and depart Paws Chateau.