The Paws Chateau Dog Training Academy is dedicated to providing the techniques and resources needed to create happy and well behaved dogs. Our classes are structured by age and skill level, so the course you choose will fit both your needs and your dog’s developmental stage. Whether teaching the fundamentals or complicated behaviors, we exercise patience, care and commitment to help you get results.
Our classes will provide a great foundation, and our dog trainers will walk you through helpful work you can do at home to foster consistent behavior in the future.
The Paws Chateau Training Academy provides multiple types of classes so that you and your dog can achieve your training goals.
- Our Group Training classes help your dog learn how to behave appropriately at home and on-the-go. Our Certified Trainers teach fun & eﬀective group classes through positive reinforcement.
- The Daycamp & Train programs is a great opportunity to give your dog a day of socializing with their friends and include structured training while they are here.
- The Board & Train is the perfect program to have our trainers do all the groundwork to get your dog on the right track. He will enjoy his stay at Paws Chateau, hang out with his friends during his stay, get private 1-on-1 training during the day and relax in his private suite at night.
“It’s not only about dog training, it’s about people training too.”
Paws Chateau Training Philosophy
At Paws Chateau the only form of training we teach and endorse is Positive Reinforcement Training. Using positive reinforcement to train your dog means you reward the behaviors you like and ignore the behaviors you do not like. You can use praise, life rewards (such as toys, games or walks), or treats to reward your dog’s good behavior. Successful training is built on mutual respect and bond between you and your dog.
The key to positive reinforcement is that it teaches the dog to think for himself instead of obeying due to fear of being punished.
The Benefits and Advantages to Positive Reinforcement
- It Will Improve Communication with Your Dog
- You Will Build Confidence and Develop A Stronger Bond with Your Dog
- It Can Be Used for Several Behavior Issues
- Fewer problems with aggression
- No negative impact on your dog
- The Whole Family Can Be Involved
- Positive Reinforcement Training Is Fun for you and your dog
Why is it important to train your dog?
Training is an important part of every dog’s life. Their health and wellbeing are comprised of two important parts – mental stimulation and physical stimulation. Training provides mental stimulation which helps to keep your dog happy, and when combined with physical exercise like daily walks your dog will be mentally and physically tired at the end.
Certified Dog Trainers
The trainers at Paws Chateau are Certified Dog Trainers can help you understand why your pet behaves a certain way and how you can use that information to achieve consistent, healthy behaviors. Getting those results takes a combination of verbal cues, hand signals and positive reinforcement, but our Trainers also understand that it takes dedication and a lot of patience.
- Expertise and Care
Our dog trainers are experts in dog behavior and learning theory. They’re also passionate about what they do, and they’re committed to the success of you and your dog.
- Proven Techniques
Developed by leading dog trainers and animal behaviorists, our techniques are proven to be effective.
- Keeping It Fun
Our training is fun and upbeat, creating a positive experience you and your dog can share.
Training programs to be released soon